It’s not too late to gift yourself or the book nerd in your life the gift of books! Free local hand-delivery with wrapping through 12/24. 20% off orders of $65 or more with code READ20. Or pick up most of our titles in our booth at South Main Creative or one of our awesome local retailers . And don’t forget that $1 of every sale of HOME SWEET HOME: Arkansas Rescue Dogs & Their Stories by Grace Vest sold through 12/24 goes to Rock City Rescue.
Can we truly love others if we don't first love ourselves? Self-love and development of self are life-long processes, and we need help! The Mud & The Lotus: A Workbook and Guide for Students of Yoga by Courtney Denise Butler is a ready resource that can help you prime many areas of your life, whether or not you are taking a step toward teacher training or simply want to deepen your practice. Teacher training costs thousands, but Butler packs life-changing knowledge into a book that costs only about $35.
Order The Mud & The Lotus before Valentine’s Day and get a jumbo sample class card ($6) free.
You’ll discover perspective-changing reading, such as a look at the 8 limbs of yoga and how they apply to your life. Fitting as we enter Valentine season, is considering the Yama (Limb 1) of Aparigraha, or Non-Attachment:
“Some attachments are necessary, of course, as we are attached to our own family members and those we love. We need certain things in our lives like food, clothing, and shelter. However, do we place an emphasis on having things a certain way or do we know we are important and worthy without ‘things’? ... that we can go on in spite of loss? ... these are great questions to ask oneself: Am I doing this because of my fear of unworthiness? Do I feel I need to be a certain type of person to receive love? If I didn’t have this or that (clothes, car, man or woman, status, etc.), would I feel whole?” ~Courtney Denise Butler
My furry Valentine, sweet fuzzy Valentine . . . Order Home Sweet Home: Arkansas Rescue Dogs & Their Stories by Grace Vest through Friday 2/9 and it will be mailed or hand-delivered with a handmade Valentine like those shown here, featuring one of the rescues from the book captured by photographer Whitney Bower. Also, $1 of every purchase through Friday will be donated to Rock City Rescue. Now that’s puppy love!
Louie and Knox, adopted by UA Little Rock professor Sherry Rankins-Robertson and family from Rock City Rescue, and their older sister, Lola, have sniffed out a great read in Grace Vest's Home Sweet Home: Arkansas Rescue Dogs & Their Stories.
Et Alia Press met with Louie and Knox during the holidays to ask them what they thought about the project.
Louie barked, "It is tremendously uplifting to see that the stories of Arkansas rescue dogs like us have been given a platform. Dogs like us are often neglected and rejected, so it feels good to see our canine companions being celebrated in flashy, glossy style."
Knox panted, "I agree with my brother, and hope that the dogs to whom Grace Vest has given voice will serve as examples to other human families that rescue dogs rescue humans, too."
Wrinkling his brow, Louie yelped in return, "Yes! Please take more of us into your homes, and feed us only high-reward treats! We will love you forever and make your lives better."
We hope every species at your house is enjoying snuggling up with their Et Alia reads this holiday season and into the New Year!
Thank you for your purchases of Home Sweet Home: Arkansas Rescue Dogs & Their Stories! To date, through special events and donations to Rock City Rescue, Grace Vest and Et Alia Press have raised $301 to help rescue lost, neglected, and homeless animals.
Join us Saturday, November 11 from
1 to 3 pm at Bark Bar
1201 South Spring Street
+ Books for Purchase and Pawtograph
+ $1 of Every Book Purchased Donated to Rock City Rescue
+ Adorable Adoptable Pups
+ BYOB (Bring Your Own Breed): Rescue Dogs
+ Free Admission for Rescue Dogs w/ Shot Records*
+ Live Music
+ Full Bar and Nibbles
+ Pawsitively Fun!
*Please bring shot records to comply with Bark Bar's Policies.
Bark Bar is Arkansas' first indoor/outdoor off leash dog park and bar/restaurant, serving mix drinks, draft craft beer, gourmet hot dogs, and a canine culinary menu. Housed in a previously long-vacant Mission-style church building in Little Rock's burgeoning SoMa / Quapaw area, it has the paw-fect side yard for romping.
Join us at HarvestFest in Hillcrest Saturday, October 14 from 11-7 for some great deals on fantastic reads!
Deals for HarvestFest 2017
Home Sweet Home: Arkansas Rescue Dogs & Their Stories by Grace Vest
• $1 of every purchase goes to Rock City Rescue
• $24.95 retail
• 2 for $45
• 3 or more, $20 per book!
The Mud & The Lotus: A Guide and Workbook for Students of Yoga by Courtney Denise Butler
• $39.95 retail
• 2 for $70
• 3 or more for $30 each
• Yoga Cards $8.95 each, 2 for $15, all 3 for $20
$10 each, your choice:
• Can Everybody Swim? A Survival Story from Katrina’s Superdome by Bruce S. Snow, retail $16.95
• Scars: An Anthology edited by Erin Wood, retail $19.95
• The President Next Door: Poems, Songs, and Journalism by Philip Martin, retail $13.95
$3 with any purchase, or $6 without purchase:
• The Only World You Get: Arkansas Stories by Dennis Vannatta, retail $14.95
Join us in Little Rock this weekend for Hillcrest HarvestFest!
Come to our Et Alia booth and:
- Meet The Mud & The Lotus: A Guide and Workbook for Students of Yoga author Courtney Denise Butler. Courtney can sign your book and talk to you about all things yoga, yoga business, and writing.
- Purchase your just-released copies of Home Sweet Home: Arkansas Rescue Dogs & Their Stories, with $1 from every book sold to be donated to Rock City Rescue. You'll want to stock up early on this book that is sure to be a favorite of the holiday season.
- Get special deals on our books to be revealed the day of HarvestFest.
- Learn about submitting to our Neglected Histories of Arkansas Contest, judged by poet and professor of creative writing HK Hummel and Arkansas Arts Center Executive Director Dr. Todd Herman.
- Meet members of our team and learn more about our Little Rock-local small press for big voices.
- Get your signed copy of Scars: An Anthology edited by Erin Wood.